the green fields beyond

Theologylifelovehistoryfaithmoviesrants...

Name:
Location: Charles City, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Trebek, you only know the answers 'cause they're on that little card!

So i finally did it. I joined the ranks of Ken Jennings and Sean Connery.

I tried out for Jeopardy! last night, when they held their online test. 50 questions from 50 categories, with 15 seconds to answer each question...i think i did well (they don't show you your score). If more people pass the test than can fit into the regional auditions, then Jeopardy uses a "random selection process" to narrow the field. So my chances are slim, and i'm certainly not quitting my day job(s) yet. But still, wouldn't it be cool...?
A big thank-you to my friend Jeff for letting me use his Internet connection for the test. He didn't even get weirded out by my yelling at the screen and my odd "thinking noises," but just read a magazine calmly, a cigarette in his hand and the hint of a smile on his face, as i bounced up and down in front of his laptop. Also a big thank-you to Jeff's cat Stella, for only getting mildly weirded out by the aforementioned odd behaviors. If I do end up winning anything, she's due for a big piece of salmon, or something.

Stay tuned to see how this all turns out...

3 Comments:

said...

Awesome, Justin! You should talk to C. Fulcher who, I think, got really far along in the Jeopardy applying process.

We played Jellybean Jeopardy yesterday and I thought of you. :)

6:53 AM  
said...

Your mom has always thought you were the perfect Jeopardy! contestant. She also thinks you are all-around almost perfect.

9:54 AM  
said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Gambling addictons Pay per click e commerce

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home